Acne scars can be quite annoying and in some conditions cause disfiguration too. It is therefore important that you find ways to clear acne scars effectively. Acne lesions can lead to permanent scarring even if they are not disturbed by picking or squeezing. This is particularly true for cysts which can cause skin inflammation that leads to intense scarring.
Appearance of Acne Scars
Based on the appearance of acne scars they are divided into four main categories.
1. Ice pick scars– These are the most widely seen acne scars that have pits deep into the skin with a narrow opening on the outside.
2. Rolling scars– These are wave shaped with tapering corners with shallow upper part and a deep lower part.
3. Boxcar Scars– These scars are present mostly in the cheek and temple area. They are deep and have an angular edge similar to that of a chicken pox scar.
4. Hypertrophic or keloid scar– These are formed due to excessive collagen synthesis while the scar tissue heals.
Steps You should Take to Prevent Worsening of Scar
Some of the steps are elaborated below which can really work on your favor if adopted in the right manner.
The scar tissue formed comprises mainly of collagen. Due to presence of inflammation the collagen level is reduced. Picking, squeezing or meddling with the scar can exacerbate the lesion and injure the skin leading to further discoloration and also permanent scarring. Interfering with the normal healing process by popping or squeezing the acne can cause infection to go deep into the skin.
Exposure to Sun
Too much exposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause worsening of the skin discoloration. Using an appropriate sunscreen whenever you are out in the sun mainly from 10 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon will prevent damage to the skin from exposure.
Avoid Vitamin E Treatments
Though it is believed that Vitamin E when topically applied to scar tissue enhances the healing, it has been recently found out that it can retard the healing effect and in some cases patients also develop contact dermatitis due to exposure to Vitamin E.
Methods You can Follow to Clear Acne Scars
Clearing acne scars can be done in many ways including chemical method, surgery, laser and topical treatment. These acne treatments can however cause damage to the skin or lead to undesirable side effects. Using natural methods to get rid of the acne scars is preferred as the natural methods do not have any side effects. Here are some natural methods used to clear acne scars.
• Applying egg whites on the acne scar and rinsing off after a few minutes diminishes the scar.
• Turmeric has excellent medicinal properties that help in clearing the acne scars effectively.
• Oils like tea tree oil and olive oil have amazing healing effects and speed up the healing process markedly.
• Vegetables like cucumber and tomato when applied to the scar area can lighten the skin in the scar area.
• Lemon juice is another ingredient that is well known for its property of clearing acne scars. The citric acid content is a natural bleaching agent that lightens the scar area and reduces the blemish in a short period of time.
• Aloe Vera has wonderful healing effect on scars and cuts. Applying it on the acne scars will clear them and bring back the normal skin tone.
Enter Dermefface FX7 for Clearing Away Acne Scars Naturally
It requires daily treatment over 3 months (minimum recommended), and has a great track record clearing up those nasty looking acne scars (see testimonials and before / after pictures at website below). Check it out here…
Final Comments Whilst Clearing Acne Scars
Acne scars can be quite annoying and in some conditions cause dis-figuration too. It is therefore important that you find ways to clear acne scars effectively. Acne lesions can lead to permanent scarring even if they are not disturbed by picking or squeezing. This is particularly true for cysts which can cause skin inflammation that leads to intense scarring.